Check it out!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Check it out!

Postby Faron » 12 Sun Mar, 2006 11:11 pm

Look I have some real progress! Last time I showed photos, it was just a painted Chassis/Pans. If you see a mistake PLEASE let me know! Thats my wifes new car that I got a SCREAMING Deal on! (I sell MINI/BMW, and my buddy is the used Pre-Owned Manager. SCREAMING DEAL! Could NEVER of afforded it other wise!) 2005 BMW X3 She loves it!
Last edited by Faron on 13 Mon Mar, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 13 Mon Mar, 2006 12:33 am

The pics are too tiny to view for errors, but nice bike
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Hummm

Postby Faron » 13 Mon Mar, 2006 9:35 pm

:D I have larger photos! :D
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 13 Mon Mar, 2006 10:27 pm

hm,..can you take a pic of the top of the front shocks? thanks
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby David O' » 13 Mon Mar, 2006 11:28 pm

Are you going to put the front sway bar on? If the shocks are gas shocks, you may find the ride to be rough!
If at first you don't succeed, beat the pshaw out of the business partner, and then go at it alone! LOL!
David O'
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 14 Tue Mar, 2006 9:58 am

This is the top of the Shock Carlos, Thanks for taking a closer look!(If you left click on it it will enlarge.) I may of never said this, but I have always had the desire to build a car. But I am working with VERY limited knowledge. But I am not scared to ask for help! The fact that you are all so willing to help is awesome, Once again Thank you. (WOW!!! I guess I need to sand and paint!)
The front sway bar.......so I shouldn't put it on? Its the stock front end and I was planning on putting 15 by 6 wheels with nice street tires up front. I do want it to have as comfy a ride as I can get. Keep in mind I like the ride I get from a MINI or a BMW, but I think the soft ride of a Caddy is the worst. (Its worth it if you are talking about one of those cool looking Old Long Caddy's that are all Mob Style.)
I was planning to buy a spun alum. gas tank & put in the rear, because they look cool. (And I don't like the look of a gas cap in the middle of the hood for me. Its great for other people! Then I was thinking of securing some weights have that weight on the front end. But easy enough to remove if I want to.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 14 Tue Mar, 2006 11:56 am

The bushings on the top of the front shock should not be the same diameter as the metal washers... loose it up a bit.... :lol:
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 14 Tue Mar, 2006 1:36 pm

I have the same set up as you with built in adjusters cranked all the way back up so I dont rub the fenders. still do but only with passengers.
I also have the larger 3/4" sway bar and have not felt it to be too rough if anything its a little soft for me under braking.
youll be fine if you like the minni s ride.
also on the shock bushing they are side spicific, one has a larger rubber step that one goes on the bottom to fill the hole in the beam tower
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion