Texas Manx Club Doom Buggy Award

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Texas Manx Club Doom Buggy Award

Postby Ken » 01 Sun Sep, 2013 8:33 pm

After only 5 short years Bryan Porter (L) passes the DOOM BUGGY award over to Richard (staggerwing). More to come...

Congratulations to you both.

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Texas Manx Club Doom Buggy Award

Postby GregR » 01 Sun Sep, 2013 9:18 pm

Bryan, you couldn't have willed it to a more deserving fella......wait, that didin't come out right :lol:

Details, we need details, enquiring minds want to know!
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Re: Texas Manx Club Doom Buggy Award

Postby staggerwing » 05 Thu Sep, 2013 9:40 am

Okay , I deserve it..

Details:
Our group finished the parade and we pulled off at the end so Kayla (our grand daughter) could see a bit more of the parade entries come through and maybe haul some candy while we're at it. We watched it for about 30 minutes while the rest of the Texasmanxclub group went on the Cheezy Janes for lunch. We jumbed back in the buggy and headed for the restaurant and about 3 miles down the road, and after sitting in a long line of cars being detoured away from the occupied parade route, traffic opened up and it was clear sailing. Shortly after that, the engine sputtered and died leaving us on the side of the road. With no tools on us we opted to hitch a ride to the hotel to pick up the trailer. Sandy and I pushed her on the trailer and headed for Cheezy Janes. Sandy had already called ahead and informed the group of our situation. When we got there the first person to jump up and welcome us to the place was BRIAN, and his face, unrecognizable at first, was nothing other than an ear to ear somewhat hidious grin. He congradulated me and we argued a bit but I was soon out-numbered and gave up the argument. A couple of people stayed there with us while we ate (thanks guys) while the rest headed over to the square for the show. After we ate we headed over with the buggy on the trailer and after a short time of troubleshooting, discovered that the pin that holds the arm that moves the diaphram on the fuel pump had fallen out but was resting in the housing of the pump (we didn't lose the pin). We stuck the pin back in, Bobby wrapped some lectrical tape around it, and we cranked her over a bit till she started. We drove her over to the rest of the group and enjoyed at least two hours of harassment from you know who and some others. The buggy worked fine for the reaminder of the weekend although I was a little nervous on the Sunday morning cruise. It was great fun.

The same thing happened to another guy (darnit Jim) on the Saturday evening cruise but it was fixed on the side of the road.

As the new proud owner of the award, when time permits, the buggy on the plaque will a fresh coat of manly yellow, then it will be proudly displayed on our dry sink so that all can eat their hearts out for missing out on a truly fun experience.

Cheers...
Staggerwing
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion