Buggy broke on me......

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Buggy broke on me......

Postby will » 29 Tue Jan, 2013 8:54 am

Glad to have a tow bar! Weather has been wonderful down this way, so I decided to drive the buggy over to Aransas Pass. Never got out of Rockport. Motor died just like I turned the ignition off. A little trouble shooting, and I concluded the condenser must have gone out. What's the chances of finding one here in Rockport? O% I'm thinking I've got a 1972 engine, so I look online and find one on Ebay. About four days (from CA) and I installed. Music to the ears, she's running again!

I had found a few links on here, but was wondering if we might start a thread listing good suppliers for buggy parts?

Also, I'm in need of exhaust gaskets....being my first dealing with a VW, I'm not sure just what to order. I just want to remove the exhaust, clean and paint. Hate to buy a complete engine gasket set.
will
Buggy Builder

Re: Buggy broke on me......

Postby staggerwing » 06 Wed Feb, 2013 4:37 pm

I get most of my stuff from Buggy Warehouse in San Antonio; if that helps.
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Re: Buggy broke on me......

Postby Aquabuggy » 06 Wed Feb, 2013 5:33 pm

I also like buggy wharehouse in SA quick turn around and huge inventory. If your looking for someone closer theres Dale's imports in Corpus.
My name is Chris and well I'm a buggy-aholic

04 Aqua buggy - sold
72 Orange buggy - sold
72 Green longbody - aka Shrek http://texasmanxclub.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1082
68 Manx - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2509
Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion