Counts Kustoms TV Show

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Counts Kustoms TV Show

Postby Faron » 16 Thu Aug, 2012 10:32 pm

I just watched a show on the History channel called Counts Kustoms. Some of you may know the show even if it is pretty new. Its about a guy named Danny that buys and builds all sorts of cool Cars & Trucks to turn a profit. It shows him driving around in one of his cool vehicles looking for cars here and there, stopping people to talk about their vehicle, negotiating a deal, rebuilding the car, finally selling the car for a HUGE profit. I know...cut to the chase Faron.

Long story short he buys what he keeps calling a Myers Manx for $5500.00. (Sure does not look like a real Myers Manx to me) Does a QUICK rebuild and then sells it for $20,000.00. He never said the year of the donor car, in fact no real details about it at all. I love the show but do not see how this guy is turning the kind of profits he is??? Crazy, but I am happy for him. Anyone else watched this show, if so what did you think of it?

http://www.countskustoms.com/index.html
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: Counts Kustoms TV Show

Postby RobertB » 17 Fri Aug, 2012 7:08 am

I watched the same show on the History Channel, although I think it's called Counting Cars. It's a spin-off from the Pawn Stars show, where he (Danny) is the expert they would call to evaluate any antique car.

I felt the same way about the selling price, $20 grand, come on, that's a little ridiculous. Can you imagine the look on the guys face who bought it, when he watches the show. All Danny did was paint it, nothing about the engine or anything else on the car.

I've watched several episodes of that show and it has lost a little bit of credibility with that one.

Just my 2 cents,
. . . . . Bob
RobertB
Buggy Nut

Postby Faron » 17 Fri Aug, 2012 8:39 am

RobertB wrote:I watched the same show on the History Channel, although I think it's called Counting Cars. It's a spin-off from the Pawn Stars show, where he (Danny) is the expert they would call to evaluate any antique car.

I felt the same way about the selling price, $20 grand, come on, that's a little ridiculous. Can you imagine the look on the guys face who bought it, when he watches the show. All Danny did was paint it, nothing about the engine or anything else on the car.

I've watched several episodes of that show and it has lost a little bit of credibility with that one.

Just my 2 cents,
. . . . . Bob

I like the show, and will continue to watch it when I have a chance. But will always be in awe of the prices.
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 17 Fri Aug, 2012 9:13 am

Theres a thread on it with pictures on the Samba. Ugly if you ask me.
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 17 Fri Aug, 2012 9:59 am

CoryN wrote:Theres a thread on it with pictures on the Samba. Ugly if you ask me.

I didnt see it until you pointed it out, here is a link. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0 After reading all the posts, it seems that we all share the sam opinion. Just need to understand that its a TV Show, entertainment at best, its far from reality. LOL

I agree with you about the looks of the Buggy, but as the saying goes. There is a butt for every seat.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 21 Tue Aug, 2012 10:13 am

I read on the internet, that if you see it on TV, it has to be for real!
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion