Manx Value ???

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Manx Value ???

Postby cfrederi » 25 Sat Feb, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello-

I am new to this forum. I recently aquired an original BF MEyers Manx. From what I can decipher by the VIN, it is a Manx 2, body code A (when Bruce was still with the company) and is a 68-70 body. It is on a 66 pan. How much is an original worth? It has brand new floor pans, battery, seats, brakes, etc. Wngine runs strong. Body needs some fill and paint tho. Any idea on a price range value of this thing?
cfrederi
Buggy Dude

Re: Manx Value ???

Postby Faron » 25 Sat Feb, 2012 11:59 pm

I would suggest that you post up a couple pics so everyone can get a better idea. Its really hard to to say what a vehicle is worth from photos, but I am sure we have a couple of guys that can help. Best of luck!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 26 Sun Feb, 2012 9:20 am

Just the badging alone is upwards of $1000. everything else is gravy :mrgreen:
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Nooner » 26 Sun Feb, 2012 12:39 pm

I personally find it hard to pay for something that is purely aesthetic or appeals to my ego when I can get something that is ideantical or better functionally for much less. Badges are a perfect example, I would be happy to have a set, but I find it hard to run a car with 10 one hundred dollar bills affixed with adhesive to the exterior of my car.

I would love to have a true Manx body, but I am not willing to pay $3000 to get one - and one that needs body work should sell for much less.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for a 'real' Manx body close by that I can get for a good price, but in the mean time I am continuing on my 'resto-mod' buildup, because even if I do find a vintage Manx body, I'll just put it on the chassis I am already building up.

If you are looking to sell, pull the badges and list them on ebay with a link to the auction on http://manxclub.yuku.com/ and list the body on
samba, I bet that will maximize your return.

If you are wondering how much to invest in fixing it up I'd say only invest what you are comfortable investing for something you plan to use, I've never done a restoration project that was worth as much when complete as I put into it (both cash and time). It is like remodeling your house when you want to sell it - putting lipstick on the pig will net you a far better return than doing full on plastic surgery!
Nooner
Buggy Builder

Return to General Discussion