Ugghhhhhh

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Ugghhhhhh

Postby Faron » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 12:10 pm

I am very frustrated with www.carid.com and the lack of trust I have in them. Monday I posted that I had ordered a set of wheels for my Street Buggy, but didnt talk about what a funky transaction it was.
The idea of "looking and buying wheels" started about 2 weeks ago when, I got on the phone with a guy and I told him what I was looking for. Seeing as I was asking for something out of the norm I knew it may be less then easy. (Larger wheels in the back and smaller wheels in the front, is not what people are doing any more.) We spent about an hour looking at wheels that came in the size that I want, and then finally narrowed it down.
I waited a couple of days to order, but sent a couple questions and never received a response. I let that go because I figured it was better to talk to him on the phone. Monday I called the guy and he said that I could no longer get that set of wheels for one reason or another. So we went on the search for another set that would work. After another hour conversation I landed on another set, and placed the order at that point. I got an email to confirm the order and make sure everything was correct, my address was wrong so I gave him a call asking him to correct the address. Tuesday it was not changed so I called and another guy corrected the address. I got a confermation email saying the order at been place and everything seemed okay as of Tuesday afternoon. This morning I got 3 emails from them...
1. Email saying the order had been declined, with NO EXPLANATION. (I started this account for ordering parts offline, and transferred funds into this account so I KNOW the funds were available.)
2. Email saying that the order had been placed on hold and was asking for me to fax a copy of my Drivers License, a copy of the Credit Card I used (front and back)
3. Email asking for me to confirm my address again.
I called them this morning and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I got a hold of someone, I just canceled the order, and will order the wheels local. I should have done that in the first place,
In short, I DO NOT recommend www.carid.com
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Re: Ugghhhhhh

Postby CoryN » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 12:14 pm

I remember picking out wheels/tires. Stick with the mainstream. Carried by reputable dealers, and resellable down the road if you change your mind.

CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 12:21 pm

Who did you buy from?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 12:40 pm

Discount tire sells wheels. They are a distributor for many makes. How about Tire rack?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 12:45 pm

I went to www.carid.com because a friend said he had GREAT luck with them. Ugghhh
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 1:40 pm

Faron wrote:Who did you buy from?

I got Welds and Mickey Thompsons from Jegs. Summit Racing carries pretty close to the same.
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby mike cook » 01 Wed Feb, 2012 6:45 pm

lately I have had bad experience with buying online poor response after paying slow shipping just sucks
mike cook
Buggy Builder

Postby Faron » 02 Thu Feb, 2012 12:24 am

I got a call this evening asking if they could save the sale, and after arguing with me for a little while they offered me a $88.00 discount. So the order is back on. I will keep you in the loop! Hummm You are right about it taking forever to ship as I will not get my wheels for about 2 weeks. I also ordered a front and rear disc conversion Monday evening, and I still dont have the shipping number. However I ordered a distributor Monday and it will be here Thursday!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 02 Thu Feb, 2012 8:10 am

When I ordered my wheels and tires, I had them within a couple of days.
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 02 Thu Feb, 2012 8:36 am

We will see what happens from here.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 03 Fri Feb, 2012 2:04 am

They had a lady call me last night, and she offered me a discount in order to save the sale. So they are suppose to ship on the 10th.
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion