Special deal for club members

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Special deal for club members

Postby Jack Duncan » 22 Sun Jan, 2012 3:29 pm

I haven't started my buggy since Thanksgiving. Haven't advertised it since October, but it needs to be sold. I'm willing to part with it at a very special price for a club member. Just PM me or call me and we'll talk. You guys know it is a real jewel, so someone needs to be enjoying it. :)
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Re: Special deal for club members

Postby Bill K » 22 Sun Jan, 2012 8:34 pm

You are right, Jack. You have a very nice car, but are you sure you won't have a bad case of "Seller's Remorse"?
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 24 Tue Jan, 2012 1:00 pm

Probably, but at some point you must face reality. I haven't put but 600 miles on in two years or more, so it's time to get rid of it. :)
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 05 Sun Feb, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey Jack - You and your lovely wife can drive over to Seguin regularly for all the free wine you can drink. That'll let you rack-up some mileage on that awesome buggy, you'll have good reason to keep the car, and you'll always be happy! Hey, it's a nice ride between my house and your house!

p.s. I can't deal with reality worth a dang. Perhaps someday I'll grow up? I hope not!

Cheers dude...
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 05 Sun Feb, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks for the invite, but wine gives me heartburn and it makes my wife dance on tables. We did cruise over to New Braunfels one time. The traffic was terrible between Boerne and New Braunfels both going and coming. I know the traffic between New Braunfels and Seguin is never bad and it really isn't that much further. Maybe when the weather gets warmer we'll come over for some coffee.
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 05 Sun Feb, 2012 11:39 pm

Uggghhhhh! You will regret it! I have bought and sold 2 and regreted each time! How much do you want?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby staggerwing » 06 Mon Feb, 2012 9:21 am

Man, I thought about your buggy all the way to work this morning! We're thinking about a new car and I was dreaming about making my morning and afternoon commute (44 miles ONE WAY) with that beautiful white buggy. Biting the bullet and going the "practical" route just doesn't sound like much fun...

Coffee sounds good to me, just say when. When we do the River Road cruise with Bill, Bryan, Danny (and their spouses hopefully - and anyone else that wants to join in), that would be a great time to make a coffee run!

Here's an idea - since buggy talk is pretty slow, anyone want to start a discussion in the General Section on which new car to buy. We're looking at Prius - it's all about getting the best mpg during the commute for the next five years. Then after that, retirment comes along (hopefully), and it'll be all about being "non practical".
staggerwing
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 06 Mon Feb, 2012 9:33 am

Wish I could help you out Jack. I am actually in the same boat(mine may be a submarine :mrgreen: ) as you. It is taking a lot of will power not to relist the buggy. They are just too much fun to give up. Good luck on the sale. Have you listed it on the Samba? Craigslist? I guess Fleabay would bring the most money but you may have to wait until the spring.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Jack Duncan » 06 Mon Feb, 2012 10:56 am

Yes, I listed it on Craigslist. I guess I put in the wrong section, because I got no response. I'm not looking to make a killing on the price, because I'll never get what I've got in it. I just want to turn it, and get on with a new avenue. I have built six street rods, and made a profit on each one. I guess that's not the case with buggies. Everyone thinks you can build one of these things dirt cheap, which is just not the case. :(
White Bandit
Jack Duncan
Buggyholic

Postby GregR » 06 Mon Feb, 2012 7:23 pm

Shoot Jack, with gas prices supposedly hitting over $4.00 by mid summer, you may want it just for the mileage.
GregR
GregR
Site Admin

Postby Faron » 06 Mon Feb, 2012 8:31 pm

I would buy it, if I was not in the the middle of the Purple People Money Eater. (I am so sick of Purple! LOL) It is such a good looking Buggy!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion