Powder Coating Blues!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Powder Coating Blues!

Postby Faron » 09 Mon Jan, 2006 11:04 pm

I borrowed my Dads truck to get a few estimates from powder coaters. Before started driving all over, I gave a a few people a call to see if I could get a PRE-Estimate. When I started off I was very optimistic and had high hopes of a great looking powder coat! After taking it to a few people, and getting upset, From the old Bait & switch method of selling. Over the phone its a great price, then you load up to let them see. Its about double if not triple what was expected. Well, I took it to the guy that is restoring my Dads Merc Monte Rey.(Or however you spell it!) He is going to prep, sand, and paint my Pans Black. Then he will prep and paint my cage a Burnt Orange. I am really happy with the $300. price that I got from him. I get to pick it up Sunday, I will have photos up and running that evening! :D
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby mkparker » 10 Tue Jan, 2006 11:51 am

Powder coating is really nice, but any future mods you need to do will be easier if the chassis is painted, just scrape, drill, weld or whatever, then touch it up and you're good to go. It really hurts if you have to scrape off some powder coat just to do a little weld or something. I think you made a good decision.
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby Faron » 10 Tue Jan, 2006 10:07 pm

Well, the price is right. So I will just be happy!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Sunday...

Postby Faron » 12 Thu Jan, 2006 11:07 pm

Sunday is not going to get here fast enough....... My brother is going to check on my pans & cage for me tomorrow, said he would email me photos if everything is finished!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby mkparker » 13 Fri Jan, 2006 10:22 am

Cool...we need pics! I need some inspiration of somebody doing actual work...unlike me.
mkparker
Buggy Driver

Postby David Head » 13 Fri Jan, 2006 11:04 am

Faron, I know what you mean. I remember having to wait 1 whole week for my chassis. It was like waiting for Christmas morning. I could hardly sleep the night before I went to pick it up. Post pics on Gallery. I can't look at photobucket from work. Goog Luck, David
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 13 Fri Jan, 2006 11:21 pm

Yea, my brother sucks! He never went to go check it out...Yea like the whole in the floor of his house is more important then doing me a favor! Sunday, is not going to get here soon enough!
Faron
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion