Up Yer Bug!

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Up Yer Bug!

Postby Faron » 05 Mon Dec, 2005 9:51 pm

I am thinking about buying a body lift kit for my Dune Buggy from a shop in California called Up Yer Bug. Has anyone else used this product?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Faron

Postby Texasbuggys » 06 Tue Dec, 2005 7:44 am

Yes, I have used them, they are the best on the market right now, some say they are pricey but you get what you pay for and they are the best. The ones I used came with a cast aluminum piece that goes over the hump up front and fit really nice. Check with them to see if htis part still comes with it as it is a nice part. So yes I have used them and qualitity was great. I still have one I am holding on to.
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

pics

Postby Texasbuggys » 06 Tue Dec, 2005 7:46 am

I just looked through you photo album, you have doe a lot of work on that buggy! It is looking great, and you can say, I built it myself!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 06 Tue Dec, 2005 11:59 am

wow! that's a lot of work, looks good! Ha! I like the pic of "my psycho dad"... looks like he's going to HANG A BUG! Get a rope!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Got a price!

Postby Faron » 06 Tue Dec, 2005 11:14 pm

I looked into a Body Lift from Up Yer Bug... I was expecting way more. We are only talking about $350.00! Its is a cast piece up front, and the rest is square tubing. Only thing is I am not sure if I want to go this route....I have seen a body lift with out a body on it, but I don't know that I have seen a buggy with a lift all put together. Anyone have a photo they can send me?

On the other hand the guy who took the 14.5 inches out of my pan, has offered to build me a custom Roll cage for $500.00. I am leaning towards the roll cage at this point. Shortly after the roll cage, it would go for a sandblasting, followed up by a fresh new Yellow powder coating! If anyone has advice on this please let me know!

:D By the way I added a few new photos to Photo Bucket this evening, go check it out! :D
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

try this one

Postby Texasbuggys » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 7:31 am

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

there ya go

Postby Texasbuggys » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 7:33 am

Above is a link to one of mine with a 3" body lift and pods. Those are 30"x9.5" up front and 31"x13.5" rears.

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Well...

Postby Faron » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 9:27 am

Thank you, that helps me in making the decision. But I still dont know.....HaHaHaHa Think Think Think
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Mike & Mel » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 12:46 pm

Here is a pic of our buggy with one of the less expensive 3" lift kits from the ads in D.B. and Hot V.W.'s mag. I beefed it up (3/4" aluminium square tubing inside the 'C'-channel area of the lift at each bolt hole) and have not had any problems after running it off-road for over a year.

Mike & Mel
Manx Club #2265
RBC - THE Place to Be. www.RBCdunebuggy.org
Texas Manx Club
One of T.O.P.s
Joe Poty Sand Rover
Mike & Mel
Buggy Nut

Hey Mike

Postby Texasbuggys » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 12:53 pm

Do ya have any pictures of the front and rear areas of these kits?

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 10:09 pm

I talked to my wife about a body lift, and she thinks it is over kill. That's the first opinion she has expressed from the beginning! So I think that I will just skip the body lift, and take it to get the custom roll cage. I hope I don't think BUMMER... I wish I had the body lift after I have the roll cage. I think making the decisions about how I want it to look is the hardest part of the build! :?
Faron
Buggyholic

hey

Postby Texasbuggys » 07 Wed Dec, 2005 11:25 pm

You can still add the body lift later if he builds the cage to mount ontop of the body flange as the cage will rise when the body does. This idea will not work if you attach straight to the pan.

Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Mike & Mel » 08 Thu Dec, 2005 11:51 pm

Sorry, I don't. The front is boxed in on both ends, but open in the middle to snugly slide over the frame head hump. The back is the same material as in the above photo. The lift does give you more room under the fenders. Even though I have the stock 4" travel on the front, the oversized tires I have there have occassionally hit the bottom of the wheel well on a hard bump at high speed even after adding the lift. I like the way it looks too. Gives it that beefy look. But that's just my $0.02 worth.
Mike & Mel
Manx Club #2265
RBC - THE Place to Be. www.RBCdunebuggy.org
Texas Manx Club
One of T.O.P.s
Joe Poty Sand Rover
Mike & Mel
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion