thoughts for the new year

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

thoughts for the new year

Postby Buggy1 » 01 Tue Jan, 2008 12:07 pm

:D
I did not have stay in the hospital ( even though I have prelimany heart failure again ) . It is always a good thing to NOT have to stay in the hospital.

With medicines and health somewhat in check I would like to prepose some discussion for the new year.

1. I want to thank Bill K for his sponsorship and efforts to provide quailty events for us to attend. His valued imput is always useful and good for the club.

2. About the logo thing.........Bill is right about it is a simlular copy of an ad I saw 30 years ago but did not connect due to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and god only knows what else. I drew the sketch between music lesson that use to teach untill heart failure forced me to retire. How do I know that, Dave Big Deal and I had a lot of disscussion about it. He two is a treasure for buggy lovers and a really great guy. He also did the charators for the movies cars....how great was that. I have a full size drawing of one of Daves Quatro Buggy art pieces on my wall that he autographed ( along with Bruce Meyers ) that he sent to me when we got to know each other. He gave us permission to use this logo that we drew. You can get wonderfull art from Dave Big Deal as he is on the net!

3.Texas is one big state, and we have plenty of room for a north, hill country, south, east, and west event. Soo we all can get to something at some time.

4. I was thinking of a quarterly club events, they could even be tied to other events in their area.

5. We need to have some actual car shows ( not cruises ) to get the public involved.....the public can't go cruising with no buggy. This would also let vendors have a chance to really promote not only our shows but their efforts to supply us with what we need. And people love to photo our Texas Buggies.........they are some of the best detailed in the country.

6. For those who don't realize it, it takes about four of us to do all the work for one show about a YEAR - want to help? Contact Greg........I plan on taking a more active part since health isn't going to get much better - so I choose to go out swinging ( if you know what I mean ).

7. I am starting a new part of my life - photograhy........guess what I wont to photo? BUGGIES!

8. And I also want to say, we have one of the best buggy clubs in America. People visit, lurk, or what ever on our site all the time. Isn't great that we are what we are.

9. To all in the club, lets thank those who have put so much into our club, thank those who we have come to know in our club, and to sponsors who give so much for our club. Our best is to support those who have done so much for us. Thanks to every guy who helped us get this great club started and watch for more details on things to come.

10. I have just about gotten the block finished on my new buggy so watch out.........Im coming for ya :D :D :D

Thanks for letting me get to know the best people in the world.

Neal 8-)
Neal
Texas manx Club #1
RBC Dune Buggy Club
DSB Buggies
Meyer's Manx Dune Buggy Club #1898
Buggy1
Buggy Nut

Return to General Discussion