Will I ever get to drive a buggy again?

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

Will I ever get to drive a buggy again?

Postby David Head » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 11:50 am

Last night we had baseball practice, so I suggested that we take the buggies. Everybody agreed. The only think was that Marshall drove the rail and Edie drove the Manx. What's up with that? I build two buggies and now all I do is ride in them. Will I guess it's better than walking.
It was fun anyway. After baseball practice we took a mini cruise (two Buggies) up to Sonic for a couple of rootbeer floats. It's still a little nerve racking riding with Marshall as he is learning to drive a standard. Oh well, I quess I will have to get started on " MY OWN" Buggy, and hope Sarah doesn' want it.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 12:03 pm

Yeah, I hear ya! The next one you build, have the seat, pedals, and steering wheel locked and fit only for YOU.... I'm sure your family isn't the same size and build, so that's one way!~ :lol:
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 6:56 pm

I see a bug and a ghia in your future LOL
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 9:59 pm

Acually, Sarah does want a Ghia when she starts driving. She's only 12. so I guess I have time to build myself a buggy before that.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 10:05 pm

I cant seem to get Hayden into the bug sceen
he wants a tuner
I told him I wanted to trade the buggy for a double cab he said yuk
its dorky why would you want that
because they say I cant build it LOL
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 10:09 pm

My 12 year old has said that she wants a Bug like Herbie when she starts driving. But come on what 16 year old girl would be happy in a car with no AC? On top of that she said that my truck is going to be her first vehicle! Ohh well I am sure that she will change her mind about 1000 times. On top of that I am sure with what I do for a living...I will find something cool by then! But I will keep my fingers crossed that she will want a Herbie!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby David Head » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 10:11 pm

Marshall was like that until this past week. Than he got his driving permit. After I showed him how to engage the clutch an give it gas,(you know, make the vroooom vroooom sound?) he was taken. All the girls at the Sonic helped a little.
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 12 Wed Jul, 2006 10:23 pm

My first car was a VW Baja Bug! I had more fun in that car, we used to go out to the open fields just outside Albuquerque and Baja all day long. My buddy and I were always in that car. You are right, girls do seem to look at a young man in a Bug! HaHaHa That's my story and I am sticking to it!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 13 Thu Jul, 2006 8:11 pm

NO WAY! me too! a 1969 VW type 1 baja'd out! White. I miss that thing. I had sold it in 1994, did a VIN trace and purchased it again in 2001... she had cancer :(

I had to put her down, but I transplanted ALL the useable parts into the buggy... so she lives on! :lol:
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 14 Fri Jul, 2006 8:43 pm

How funny my Baja was a 68 with a 1835, it was rattle can orange!

Hummm I wonder if I could find my old Baja...I dont think I have the VIN number anywhere. Any other way to find it?
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 14 Fri Jul, 2006 8:49 pm

mine was a white 1969 with a 1776//the front, rear, and side bumper bars were ford engine blue.. nice car :( I want her back!!!
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Postby MURZ » 14 Fri Jul, 2006 9:30 pm

MURZ ---in the day. It is one of my finest "hair pics". :lol: :lol: :lol: circa 1984 That car was the shinizt!!!!

Madisonville La
(Just north of where New Orleans used to be)

Dune buggies....Old men have to have something to excercise their minds and bodies
MURZ
Buggyholic

Postby richard king » 16 Sun Jul, 2006 1:14 am

Thomas is 12 and i have got him a 1969 Baja we are going to start rebuilding it when i get back home i cant wate to get started :D :D
richard king
Buggy Driver

Return to General Discussion