I have no wheels.......

General discussion area for Club members.

Moderator: Ken

I have no wheels.......

Postby Faron » 02 Sun Jul, 2006 10:42 pm

Well as I have mentioned before, I sold my MINI. I am going to wait for the 2007s to come out before I order another one. Soooo I will be MINI less until March perhaps April. I am thinking about buying a nice little classic bug to get around until then. Its a classic car so it will keep people from giving me pshaw for not owning a MINI. Plus they are fun! I want to buy one that has a REALLY Nice, Quick and good looking. My plan is to drive the bug until the MINI gets here. Then pull the good motor and put it into the buggy! After that the bug will go up for sale. I prefer a Baja Bug, but will settle for a Cal Style Bug. I have a budget of somewhere in the neighborhood of $5000. If any body has a idea where a NICE Little Baja is, Please let me know!
Thanks,
Faron
minifaron@yahoo.com
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Cal Bug for sale in Texas

Postby Patrick » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 10:43 am

I know of a Cal bug for sale in Texas. Really nice. Nice engine too. He's the president of the Bay Area VW Club and his name is Bruce. I believe Greg or someone has his contact.

He has a Cal style bug for sale. It's a nice one.
Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 11:15 am

start on the VW samba
then search clasified by zip and distance from zip to see whats available
in your town then branch out
always good to find something close to home first

heers the link to get ya started
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=1
blackthree4me
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby Aquabuggy » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 1:22 pm

Aquabuggy
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 4:14 pm

That SA Bug is owned by a guy I know. He wants $5000.00 and it needs work! But I am sure it hauls butt!

If anyone knows about that Cal Style Bug, please put us in touch!

Faron
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Cal Bug

Postby Patrick » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 10:54 pm

I sent you an email with photo of the bug for sale and his contact information to your yahoo email address.
Patrick
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 03 Mon Jul, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey Patrick,
Can you send me the photos of the Cal-Look bug that's for sale. I may want to buy it from Faron when he's through with it and pulled the engine.
Sound like a deal, Faron?
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby carlos del carpio » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 1:07 am

Aw man! I read your title and said to myself "I have an extra set of wheels" hahaha, no tires, just 15 inch wheels, porsche... hahah! good luck with your ride!
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Problem almost solved!

Postby Faron » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 8:21 am

We had someone trade in a 1998 Ford F-150 single cab yesterday, and it is sitting in my driveway this morning. I brought it home for the wife to look at before I made the decision to buy it. I would not normally buy a Ford product, but this is a really good deal.
I can buy the wood we need to build a deck on the back of our house, and add the leveling dirt to the back yard. She also said that I could get all the materials home to landscape the front yerd. She likes the idea of having a truck again! HaHaHaHa
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby blackthree4me » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 11:32 am

dump the truck and get a single cap VW best of both worlds
for the price you pay for the ford you could get a real nice working sigle cab
ford
Found
On
Road
Dead
chevy rules go 29, 8, 20
if it aint broke, break it then fix it
blackthree4me
Buggyholic

Postby buggyryan » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 12:29 pm

i cant believe you said that, i thought every body new it stood for "First on race day" fords rule chevys drool. lol ha ha
buggyryan
Buggy Nut

Postby carlos del carpio » 04 Tue Jul, 2006 1:29 pm

FORD

Fixed

Or

Repaired

Daily

ahhahahahhah! I had a chevy 6.5TD HD, and now drive a Chevy Z71 Suburban, both black, like my BUUUUUUUUUUGGY.

Oh pshaw! Also be careful! WITH FORD TRUCKS! I've personally witnessed a Ford PU truck catch on fire with the engine off, parked for the nite. The cruise control switch is mounted on top of the brake master cylinder.. it shorts out, constant heat, catches the brake fluid on fire, catches the engine on fire, burns down.. there's a huge recall and lawsuit going on..people have lost their homes AND FAMILY MEMBERS.. :(
you must have pride....in your ride....
carlos del carpio
Buggyholic

Return to General Discussion