Hello all

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Hello all

Postby bugbitten » 28 Tue Oct, 2014 9:59 am

Hi, my name is Brian and I am new to the buggy scene. I have an old roached buggy, chassis is garbage. I will post pics later. My reason for getting this is to make my wife smile. My wife suffered a massive brain anuerysym in march 2013 and another in april 2013, She has died 2 times on those dates. But by the grace of God she is still with me. She has suffered a lot of brain damage but can still talk sometimes and she likes road trips and riding around. I talked her about the scooby doo dune buggy and she remembered it and thought it would be fun. My goal in life now is to take excellent care of her and make her smile. I have not worked or left her side since March 6th 2013. I have very little money and no income. So I have to do this on a strict budget. I have been a bodyman for 25 yrs and have rebuilt major accident high end wrecks for the last 16. I just need help on this project and want to get it done asap. I don't know how much longer she will be with me. We are 48 yrs old and love the outdoors and she loves people. I am not sure why I am telling you all of this. I just guess I want you to know where I am coming from. We live in Santa Fe, TX just south of houston. I would like to stretch my buggy body to fit a full pan and put on the nice buggy side panels. I have a 75 super beetle with a 67 1500 in it that I got running pretty good and I have a 63 chassis. Thanks have a great day. Life's short don't sweat the small stuff.
63 bug, 75 super beetle, unknown fiberglass dune buggy, my therapy
bugbitten
Buggy Driver

Re: Hello all

Postby CoryN » 28 Tue Oct, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome to the group. A buggy is guaranteed to make anyone smile.

Best of luck in your endeavor!
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby bugbitten » 28 Tue Oct, 2014 4:23 pm

I also have a 75 super beetle can I just cut the front off that and put the 63 suspension on. The 63 is already lowered and has disc brakes up front. Thanks Brian
bugbitten
Buggy Driver

Postby johber41 » 28 Tue Oct, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello...buggies are great medicine! I am in the Seabrook area near the space center and I am sure I may have some time to help if you need me. I am running a 61 pan that was converted to a manx clone in 66 by my now 85 year old neighbor. Please call if you need anything and I will try and make time to help you. There is a very well known bug guy down your way named George and he has a VW shop over towards Hwy 6 somewhere. He may be of help to you as well. If you need his information just private message me and I will get it to you. The gear-heads in this club have been a great help to me and I've learned a ton from them. It will be a great project!

John
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 20 Thu Nov, 2014 9:40 pm

Welcome Brian. We're glad to have you.

Since you need to build your project on a budget how about posting up parts you may need. A lot of us have odds and ends sitting around and would love to help you out if we can.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby bugbitten » 20 Thu Nov, 2014 9:49 pm

I am really new to all this and trying to sort out all the stuff I have. I am not totally sure what I need yet. I know I need a carburetor and a distributor for a 1963 1200. When I have time I will try to post pics. It is really nice to just communicate with people. When something like this happens you end up being treated like a leper and everyone just kind of goes away. It is a very lonely and hard life. I am trying to get back into it through cars since that is all I have done all my life. Thanks have a blessed holiday to all and enjoy your family.
bugbitten
Buggy Driver

Postby bugbitten » 20 Thu Nov, 2014 9:53 pm

I also want everyone to know that if I can help I certainly will. I am thinking of renting out my shop cheap by the day for people that don't have a place to work on their cars or to use welders aircompressors and so on. I could even teach how to weld and do metal work and other body work. Thanks again Brian
bugbitten
Buggy Driver

Return to Member's Projects