Faron's Creamcicle

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Re: Faron's Creamcicle

Postby Faron » 09 Fri Nov, 2012 10:51 am

Thank you! I will be working in Boerne, in fact I start Monday. But we have decided that we will build a house out by Canyon Lake. It's only a mile from my parents house & we will get more land for the money. Once everything is said and done, we look forward to a BBQ and a yard full of buggies!
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 09 Fri Nov, 2012 7:26 pm

So you've been there a week now and no updates on the buggy build? Get to work Fredericksburg is coming quickly!!!!!
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 09 Fri Nov, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks, for the push! Are you offering to come and help me out?
Get out there and enjoy your Dune Buggy! www.savethetexasdunebuggy.com faron@savethetexasdunebuggy.com
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 14 Mon Jan, 2013 4:32 pm

I believe it is required to actually have a buggy with you when you attend the blast :twisted:
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 25 Fri Jan, 2013 11:49 pm

Unfortunately, I am busier then a tissue maker with a runny nose. So I am really starting to question if my Buggy will be finished in time for the Buggy Blast. BUT that will mean I will be a great chaser vehicle.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 14 Wed Aug, 2013 11:27 pm

I have a update! A friend from the club Scott, came out to the house in order to help me work on my Street Buggy. It may not look like we did much from the photos, but I couldn't be more happy with what we accomplished.
first thing we had to do was get the ole motor out of storage.
Here you can see what we got done. look at that new clutch and the motor is back where it belongs!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 15 Thu Aug, 2013 3:52 pm

looking good sir!
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 03 Tue Sep, 2013 8:03 am

Will this be ready for the next get together? Hope you can make it.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 24 Sat May, 2014 10:38 pm

Well, I just picked up my Buggy from a guy who I was paying to do a few things for me. (Gotta be honest I am pretty disappointed in what he got done in the amount of time he had it.). He is going camping this weekend, so I went to pick it up so that I could do a little body work on it. I want to build a trunk in place of the rear seat area. If I can't find a set of side pods pretty quick I am going to attempt to build my own.
Last edited by Faron on 26 Mon May, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Mon May, 2014 9:07 am

Now that I have had my Buggy home for a little while, I took a close look at was completed while it was at my buddies house. I realize that I am a few steps closer to being able to drive it. Next week I am going to have my Buddy over to talk about what else is needed, start a list, and then get everything completed. I want to have this thing on the road by the end of summer.
In the meantime I am going to do a few body modifications & change up the paint a little.
1. Remove current Speaker boxes in the footwell area. :D DONE!
2. Fill in the holes from where the hood was installed before
3. Build a "Shaker Hood" that is hinged to hide the gas filler neck.
4. Build Side Pods that look good and are not to hard to step over for entry & exit :D STARTED!
5. Install Windshield :D DONE!
6. Build a removable box to better cover the engine.
7. Top of hood near the sides needs to be built up to make the windshield fit more level.
8. Center Gage Cluster needs to be moved towards the front of the car to make clearance for use of shifter.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 26 Mon May, 2014 12:53 pm

So we should see you at the Round Up LaborDay weekend? Keep at it.
BTW the more things you think to put on it the longer its going to take. Why not just get it done and then make the changes?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 26 Mon May, 2014 1:00 pm

Faron wrote:In the meantime I am going to do a few body modifications & change up the paint a little.
3. Build a "Shaker Hood" that is hinged to hide the gas filler neck. Will you have to repaint the whole car again?
4. Build Side Pods that look good and are not to hard to step over for entry & exit :D STARTED! Keep this one simple
6. Build a removable box to better cover the engine. Behind the seat or behind the buggy?
7. Top of hood near the sides needs to be built up to make the windshield fit more level. There should be a "H" shaped gasket that takes up any unevenness. Do you have this?
8. Center Gage Cluster needs to be moved towards the front of the car to make clearance for use of shifter. Why not move the shifter back 4 or 5 inches?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Mon May, 2014 8:43 pm

BrianB wrote:
Faron wrote:In the meantime I am going to do a few body modifications & change up the paint a little.
3. Build a "Shaker Hood" that is hinged to hide the gas filler neck. Will you have to repaint the whole car again?
4. Build Side Pods that look good and are not to hard to step over for entry & exit :D STARTED! Keep this one simple
6. Build a removable box to better cover the engine. Behind the seat or behind the buggy?
7. Top of hood near the sides needs to be built up to make the windshield fit more level. There should be a "H" shaped gasket that takes up any unevenness. Do you have this?
8. Center Gage Cluster needs to be moved towards the front of the car to make clearance for use of shifter. Why not move the shifter back 4 or 5 inches?

3. Yes I will have to repaint the whole car again, but it so small that it's not that big a deal. LOL
4. Agreed, we have all seen what happens when people over design. I will do my best.
6. Behind the seats, that kinda shelf area behind the seats. Mine will be a 2 seater for sure!
7. Yes I have that little "H" shaped gasket, I guess I got a little over zealous with the sanding earlier. LOL
8. I think the shifter is okay where it is at... At least I think so at this point!

Thanks for the input, it's so nice to be working on my Buggy again. I'm in no way shape or form finished with all the honey-dos around the new house, but I am thankfully able to work on a couple of my own projects again.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 26 Mon May, 2014 11:52 pm

I removed the crummy little speaker boxes that the wheels hit when turning the wheels.
I bought two sheets of 4'X8' Owens-Corning Foamular so that I could make the side pods.
On my bench you can see the Foamcore cut up and glueing, ready to be sanded to shape. I doubt it will be easy, but I know I will enjoy the results when finished. I just don't want to over design, or make it to thick.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 01 Sun Jun, 2014 10:35 pm

Just wanted to post up that I have started the side pods in my Buggy. I can see how a person could easily get out of control with over designing them. After messing with this a little I think the hardest thing for me will be make them match and get them smooth.
Looks pretty buttugly at this point!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 01 Sun Jun, 2014 10:39 pm

Looking good Faron....
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 03 Tue Jun, 2014 11:02 pm

I understand that one will never be able to see both sides at the same time, but it is very difficult to get them close to the same. LOL. I bet I walked a mile looking at one side then the other, just to see if they match. Ohhh well it will all be worth it in the end.
Last edited by Faron on 04 Wed Jun, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 04 Wed Jun, 2014 5:53 pm

Even the pods I got from Texas Buggies were different from side to side. Only you will know the difference on your car.
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 04 Wed Jun, 2014 11:15 pm

I have been working on the side pods, and feel like they are very close to being ready to ad fiberglass. After looking at it for a little while after taking these pics I did a couple of touch ups but for the bots part I am really close! Any opinions?
By the way photobucket.com SUCKS!
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 11 Mon Aug, 2014 4:20 pm

How is this project coming along?
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 12 Tue Aug, 2014 12:46 pm

Nice job with the glass fabrication Faron! I am assuming those holes in the fenderwells are for a very dynamic speaker system?

John B
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 12 Tue Aug, 2014 9:45 pm

It has pretty much came to a halt, for a few reasons. 1) I need to save up a little money before I can do anything else. 2) I have a few things that I need to get done around the house before I can devote time to the Buggy Project. 3) I am thinking about selling it as I have started to loose interest in Buggies. Been to a few car shows lately and have yet to see a Buggy. I put it in storage in hopes that I would get that old feeling back, with the whole absence makes the heart grow fonder theory in mind. LOL

Thank you, I appreciate you asking. All the best
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby Ken » 13 Wed Aug, 2014 10:55 am

Bill K wrote:Saturday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm: SHOW & TELL AT THE PLAZA: This will be a gathering of Buggies at the Downtown Plaza Square for the public to come see the Buggies and visit with the owners. It's also a great time for some relaxed visiting under the shade trees. So, you may want to bring lawn chairs and coolers.

happens there is a perfect motivation opportunity fast approaching and its just down the road from you!
Maybe being around a bunch of great people and alright fiberglass buggies, and at least one smoking hot rail, for a couple hours is what you need!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bill K » 13 Wed Aug, 2014 5:30 pm

I couldn't agree more, Ken.
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 13 Wed Aug, 2014 7:00 pm

Ken, why didn't you include your rail in the description of vehicles attending :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 13 Wed Aug, 2014 7:09 pm

Having a "Smoking Hot" Rail isn't a big problem: You just have to add oil a little more often. :D :D
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby Faron » 14 Thu Aug, 2014 10:34 pm

My Father in Law rebuilt a really nice Rail that he keeps in AZ. He is 83, but takes it out in the desert all the time.

It's funny, I was talking to a Buggy Guy last night on Facebook. He said that he takes his buggy to open carshows all the time and wins a ton of trophies and the such. Also said all kids and the best looking women come and tell him how great his Buggy is. The men grumble but even a layman can tell they like it.

My wife and I both got great news today. My wife got promoted along with getting a raise. I am getting recruited, by a company who I am interviewing with next week. So perhaps we will find extra cash for the Street Buggy pretty quick.

I will do my best to make it to the show in Boerne, and if I do I will bring something to stand on so I can yell my name and wave my arms so you guys can easily find me. :D
Faron
Buggyholic

Postby johber41 » 15 Fri Aug, 2014 1:07 am

congrats on the good fortune Faron.....I have owned many cars including my most prizd muscle car...a 69 chevelle. But, I have never had as much fun with a car like I have with my buggy.....hope to see you at the round up!
johber41
Buggyholic

Postby BrianB » 15 Fri Aug, 2014 4:48 am

Faron wrote:I will do my best to make it to the show in Boerne, and if I do I will bring something to stand on so I can yell my name and wave my arms so you guys can easily find me. :D

We will ALL be in the town square at the gazebo after about 1:00 on Saturday. If you see a line of 20 buggies that is probably us :mrgreen:
ThunderBug Buggy
BrianB
Buggyholic

Postby ScottR » 15 Fri Aug, 2014 5:01 pm

Many congrats Faron. I sure hope you can make it for the Roundup.
ScottR
Buggy Nut

Previous

Return to Member's Projects