TOm & Kathleen's Subi-Manxter

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

TOm & Kathleen's Subi-Manxter

Postby admin » 19 Fri Nov, 2010 6:48 pm

Seems like upgrade is a theme around here these days. This exceptional Manxter is the recipient of a transplant. The new power will be from a Subaru. Tom & Kathleen drove their Manxter from Connecticut to Texas for Buggy Blast IV, They drove home with a class win and a well deserved Best of Show. They decided to install a Subaru EJ25 Single Turbo for Kathleen's Manxter. Tom says he will have to finish off the exhaust after the bumper is in placeEJ25, no "J" tube. This will save hacking up the "firewall" behind the rear seats, but will require more clearance cuts in the engine cover. This engine was built by Outback (Outfront) Motorsports. Great job!

admin
Site Admin

Re: TOm & Kathleen's Subi-Manxter

Postby aztec » 07 Mon Feb, 2011 12:57 am

new member 2nd post. I have fiberglas db that i built a long time ago. It's ben parked 15 years. I now have a new work shop and it is the 1st project i need to get on the road. I will post picturs when i can but for now it is a standard db on the front but a small pick up bed on the back all one piece. I had a flat vw motor in it due to the bed a up right wont fit. I have a 86GL10 turbo subi that I plan on using the motor out of. Now the questions what did you do about the computer, the adaptor, and where did you put the radiator. Any thing you can tell me would help. Thanks Aztec
aztec
Buggy Dude

Return to Member's Projects