Joe's Manxter

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Joe's Manxter

Postby admin » 19 Fri Nov, 2010 6:44 pm

The actual build of Joe Spittler's Manxter began on April 10, 2003 when he picked up the kit at Meyers Manx, Inc in Valley Center, CA. Here's the rest of the story in Joe's words...
We did the mother of all road trips -- 4300 miles in 100 hours. From Illinois to California & return to Illinois. NEVER AGAIN. Once I got the kit home work progressed as I felt like working on it. One goal was to keep the look simple. I only wished to have 3 colors - Yellow, Black & Polished metal. Off-road use was not a consideration as it is at least 3 hours to a place that I might be able to run off-road. I was looking for a modern street roadster look. A tremendous amount of assistance was provided by my son Ron. He is a natural mechanic and was a fantastic sounding board as we slowly moved thru the assembly. Manxter10’s birthday was 9/26/04. Assembly was completed in approx 1.5 years. Since September 2004, I have attempted to run in the Hot Rod Power Tour w/Manxter #16. I had to drop out w/a severe oil leak. Manxter10 was taken to the Manx Club 2005 Lone Pine, CA run. I have put over 2500 miles on the vehicle in the past 14 months with only what proved to be minor problems.

admin
Site Admin

Return to Member's Projects