Mello Yellow

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Mello Yellow

Postby admin » 19 Fri Nov, 2010 6:42 pm

Russell and Christie picked up his Hawkeye chassis in January, 2006, the same day I installed my disc brakes down in Hawkins. He had his "Mello Yello" ready for the Buggy Blast in May and has been tinkering with it (like all of us us, right?) ever since. Here's the specs for Russell's buggy....
My Buggy (Russell and Christie Hebert)
I got interested in the rails because me and a friend of mine built a one seat go-cart with a 1100cc motorcycle engine. This thing ran about 100mph and was not street legal. I wanted to build something that I could drive on the street, so the internet became my guide.
I found Hawkeye Buggies and found out he would be at the Ft. Worth Volks Folks VW Stampede show in Fort Worth, and I made plans to go see him. I found out all I needed to know at the time and made plans to meet him at his place. We discussed and made all the plans to start building my frame for my sand rail, but there was a problem. The big problem was I took my wife with me and she saw Neil's Buggy and said that is what we need to build because it has a body on it.
To make a long story short, I started building Mello Yello about 2 months later. I have restored about five old classic muscle cars but I was not ready for this. With many phone calls to Neil and looking at a lot of pictures I did manage to complete the buggy in about
five months. After I got into the buggy and got an idea of how everything worked it went together well. The hardest thing for me was the wiring. I was scared to death about that but found a good diagram on the internet and all went well.
I could not have ever finished this Buggy without the great help that I got from all the people in the Texas Manx Club. They were there for me when I could not figure out what to do. I would mention names but I might leave someone out so I say thanks to mall. I want to especially thank my friend Neil Decker who was my guide through the whole build project.
Mello Yello's Specs Custom Hawkeye Frame and Body Irs Rear New aluminum 1640 Four wheel disc brakes Weld Wheels 10 x 15 rear 4 x 15 front Tires P295/50/15 and P195/60/15 Frame powder coated Body polished gelcoat

admin
Site Admin

Return to Member's Projects