JD and Linda's Hawk Buggy

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

JD and Linda's Hawk Buggy

Postby admin » 19 Fri Nov, 2010 6:18 pm

JD and Linda's buggy uses a Hawkeye tube chassis and one of the first Hawk short fiberglass bodies. Assembly was straightforward...except for a small incident during painting. Seems a water hose still had some pressure in it and decided (all by itself of course) to spray the hood while the paint was still wet. Good thing there was plenty of sandpaper! The finish on this show winner is awesome JD....
JD goes on to say...
After the build of the Hawk, we had trouble with the stock ignition on the buggy. After several distributor and point changes with no good results, I put an electronic ignition on it and it has been super since. Other than that, I have had no problems with it. I had used a 6-rib tranny in the rail that we built and liked it so much that I also put one in the glass car. With stock gears, it pulls good off the start and does great on the road. The 1883 is a stroked motor, just thought I would try something different. Most of the east Texas bunch is using the 1883. I plan on some upgrades for this year. We love to ride and go buggying.
Looking forward to seeing you guys this year. Thanks again, JD

The Specs:
Body: Hawk short body on Hawkeye frame Engine: 1883 cc Carbs: Dual 40 Kadrons Tranny: 6 rib bus-stock gears Brakes: 4 wheel disc brakes Wheels: American Racing "Hoopster" front; 7x15 rear; 10x15 Tires: front; 195/75R15 rear; P295/50R15

admin
Site Admin

Return to Member's Projects