Vee Dub Nut's Buggy Build v2.0

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

Vee Dub Nut's Buggy Build v2.0

Postby Vee Dub Nut » 18 Sat Apr, 2009 10:16 pm

Well we had a successful trip down to Rockport this morning to pick up our new buggy project. Horrible weather all morning. Got poured on all the way down to Rockport, but it cleared the whole time we loaded it up, then caught more rain on the way home. Once we got back to I37 headed to San Antonio, the sun broke clear of the clouds and it really cleared up.

All in all a pretty uneventful trip. Got a ton of parts along with the car itself. The body looks fairly decent for an old body, but I do have my work cut out for myself to fix some imperfections and some hamfisted modifications.

I'm in the process of getting a storage building to park all of our lawn equipment and ad a little extra storage, so the garage is stuffed right now. I got a few pics, but more will come when I get some more space cleared out in the garage and can really assess the condition of everything.

Here are some pics!

enjoyed getting to see some of the water, but pretty overcast overall

got it loaded and grabbing gas on the way out of town.

Made it home!

Got it tucked in next to its cell mate

Here is the hamfisted modification on the body. Looks like someone has cut out the front bulkhead and moved it back a few inches. I can only imagine that they were trying to make the body fit an extra shortened chassis.

Here is the overlap seam on the body from the outside and inside

This is the front edge of the body, you can see its short about the same distance as the overlapped portion of the body. Oh well, guess I'll be brushing up on my glassing skills.. LOL

Here is all the junk I got with it. Two engines (one already dissassembled), seats, engine stand, trans and steering column (in one of the Rubbermaid boxes, a bunch of engine parts (the other Rubbermaid box) and some other odds and ends.

Thats all for now.. More to come as work progresses.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

1967 Beetle
19?? Buggy (Someday hopefully... unless I sell it too LOL)
2000 GTi
Vee Dub Nut
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 7:01 pm

Looks like a good start!

Good seeing you again today.

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby CajunBuggy » 19 Sun Apr, 2009 11:12 pm

In the pic, Your wife probably has the same thing in her head as mine had...here my husband goes again... picking up what he calls 'beautiful junk'. This might just be my experience as I am always dragging home projects...mine are usually rust-buckets..LOL

That is a pretty good looking project! Seems to have some really good potential. Is the hood molded to the body?

Wish I could have made it over the weekend to meet everyone.

Thanks,

Matt
CajunBuggy
Buggy Nut

Postby David Head » 20 Mon Apr, 2009 8:36 am

Welcome back Adam
Maroon Manx

(o\_!_/o)
David Head
Buggyholic

Postby Vee Dub Nut » 20 Mon Apr, 2009 12:21 pm

CajunBuggy wrote:In the pic, Your wife probably has the same thing in her head as mine had...here my husband goes again... picking up what he calls 'beautiful junk'. This might just be my experience as I am always dragging home projects...mine are usually rust-buckets..LOL

That is a pretty good looking project! Seems to have some really good potential. Is the hood molded to the body?

Wish I could have made it over the weekend to meet everyone.

Thanks,

Matt

Ha ha... yea I'd have to say my wife is a pretty good sport when it comes to my hobbies. I still tell her she didn't know what she was getting into when she married me. :lol:

And yes, the hood is molded to the body. It looks like I will have to make a frame to hold the tank up front, mount it, and then put the body on top of everything.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006

1967 Beetle
19?? Buggy (Someday hopefully... unless I sell it too LOL)
2000 GTi
Vee Dub Nut
Buggyholic

Return to Member's Projects