An introduction and our buggies

Show us your project. In progress or finished!

Moderator: Ken

An introduction and our buggies

Postby DannyT » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 12:40 pm

Just got signed up,should have done so a year or so ago. Anyways, My name is Danny,my wifes name is Dewana. We moved to Tyler,Tx about 3 years ago and purchased my four seat rail from North Carolina about a year ago and had it shipped here. After a few trips to the inspection station to see "what else" I needed to do, she finally passed and is driven as often as possible. Well a few weeks ago, an add popped up on Craigslist and I just so happened to be going to the town it was in. So after looking it over and talking it over with the wife, we are now the proud owners of buggy #2. Now I fully believe the wife thought this was going to another one for me. Well now that she knows its being built for her, she is very excited and looking at all her options. Her buggys engine turned over but that was all I could tell at the first look. Well, this weekend my mission was to see if it still had any life in it. And wouldnt you know it, with a minimum amount of time and money, she came back to life and runs pretty darn good for something thats been out in the back forty for several years. I'll keep posting pics as we go along and may be posting in the "I need it section" too. Here are the pics:

Hers:
Link to more pics:
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/danddtarp702t/fiberglass%20buggy/

Mine:
Link to more pics:
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/ ... e%20buggy/
DannyT
Buggy Nut

Postby Texasbuggys » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 1:08 pm

welcome to the club, looks like the start of another fine project!
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby CoryN » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 1:14 pm

Welcome - glad you found the place.

Cory
CoryN
Buggyholic

Postby DannyT » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks guys! Yep, the wife has already decided that her buggy will get side pods. Looking at the set you have there at Texas Buggies. Can they be shipped? or need to arange for pickup?
DannyT
Buggy Nut

Postby Texasbuggys » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 1:43 pm

Send me an email and we can work out the details. Thanks
e-mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net
Get your new short or long body, custom chassis, show cages, bumpers and accessories at http://www.texasbuggys.com

E-Mail Texasbuggys@suddenlink.net or call 361-218-6272
Texasbuggys
Buggyholic

Postby Bill K » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey Danny, we sure are glad to have you and your family as a part of our family. :D :D
Dream It - Plan It - Build It
Bill K
Buggyholic

Postby wildthang » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello Danny glad to have you along with us . Also would like to invite you and your family to join in on the Jefferson Tx Mardi Gras Parade on Feb 21st bring the rail and have some fun. Information under events. Several of us from East Tx are getting together for the parade.
wildthang

Postby DannyT » 09 Mon Feb, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes guys and thanks for the invite wildthang. Unfortunatly, we have plans for the 21st with an event with the kids at church. So maybe next time.
DannyT
Buggy Nut

Postby BuggymanJohn » 17 Tue Feb, 2009 4:30 pm

Welcome to the club. Several members are in Hawkins [just north of Tyler] along with Hawkeye Buggies which is a club sponsor. We are available for help on your project at any time and look forward to getting you involved in activities here in ETEXAS.
BuggymanJohn
Buggy Nut

Postby DannyT » 17 Tue Feb, 2009 5:31 pm

Glad to have found the group. I throughly enjoy my rail and the wife will soon be enjoying her buggy too. I really appreciate all the welcomes and the offers for help along the way. I have already been helped by a member with a set of adapters. I hope to be able to return the favors soon.
DannyT
Buggy Nut

Return to Member's Projects